Saturday, October 25, 2008

Silly Willy Daddy Issues

Yesterday I was talking to my dad on the phone sitting on the stairs with Ivy next to me, I tried to stroke her hair (like I always do) and she turned around with a very mean look - I'm talking starring from under her brow and pouting her lips! - she then yelled "HEY! DON'T DO THAT!!" (very clearly!!) I was shocked! What? What do you mean, 'don't do that'??? I sort of chuckled after I got pass the shock. I grabbed her little arms and got right in her face (playfully) "You, Missy, are my daughter and I will love and hug and touch you if I want to. You can tell me if you don't want me to, but you don't have to yell at me. Now, why don't you want me to touch your hair?". She then looks down as though I had punished her and she looks at me sad and about to cry and says, "I miss papa" ....WHAT???? I didn't even think she ACTUALLY knew who he was. I guess it's my fault, ahahaha, I do tell them who he is. I just didn't think she would catch on so quickly, the boys never did. hahaha. I felt horrible and I told her that daddy will be here soon - I can FINALLY make good on that because he, indeed, will be here soon.

I'm SO super psyched as so are the boys. Everyday when they wake up they stare out the window. When I ask them what they are doing, they ask me, "When Daddy coming home?" Aren't they cute? Well, we'll see how things go when Daddy arrives. I know it's gonna be awkward for the kids, it always is. =P

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww... that is so cute. YAY for the homecoming. I am happy for you.